Monday, November 3, 2014

Visit #1: Observation

Hello! It's Kyra again, and I've just finished my first visit to Edgemont Elementary School! Since I wanted to get a hang of the classroom first, I just observed this time, but I had so much fun! I just happened to make it on Halloween of all days, and so it was quite an experience! When I got there, the children were all lined up in a costume parade around the school. I even saw one student dressed up as a flamingo trainer! After that, we all came back to the classroom and I got to meet all the students I will be working with. I just love how eager to learn they all are! My favorite part of the day, however, was story time! Mrs. Budge told the children a Halloween story in French! Although I didn't understand all of it, I knew enough to be very entertained. I was lucky enough to snap a short video of the talented Daphne Budge and her great story telling skills!



Now that I have an idea of what the classroom is all about, I'm full of great ideas for next week! I can't wait to get started and I'm very excited to be working with such a wonderful group of students! 

-Kyra

No comments:

Post a Comment